Varuh ДЌlovekovih pravic

When should you turn to the Ombudsman?

You can turn to the ombudsman, his four deputies or members of his expert team if you believe that one or more of your rights or fundamental freedoms have been violated by an act or an action of a body.

Before turning to the ombudsman, try and resolve your difficulties yourself. You can do this in the following ways:

1. complain to the body that has violated your right,
2. complain to the body that supervises the work of the body that has violated your right,
3. use all other possible legal remedies.

If you have tried all possible means to resolve your difficulties or simply no longer know what to do, call the freephone number 080 15 30 and speak to an information officer at the ombudsman’s office. The information officer will tell you how to lodge a written complaint with the ombudsman and give you basic information about the ombudsman’s work and any other information you require.

Complaint form