Center for Human Rights
Center for Human Rights performs broader tasks and does not address initiatives:
- preparation of analyzes and reports in individual fields of promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
- organizing consultations on the implementation, promotion and protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
- cooperation with civil society, trade unions and government bodies,
- providing general information on the types and forms of complaints to international bodies concerning violations of human rights and fundamental freedoms,
- participation in international organizations and associations at European and global level working in the field of the exercise, promotion and development of human rights and fundamental freedoms.
The statutory provisions regarding the Center for Human Rights (Article 50b of the Act) entered into force on 1 January 2019.
The center is headed by Deputy Ombudsman Miha Horvat. His assistant is Dr. Simona Drenik Bavdek, LLB, Ombudsman’s Adviser
- Jerneja Turin, LLB, Consultant-Analyst, Councilor
Field of work: Consultant-Analyst, Center for Human Rights
- Miha Nabergoj, LLB, Consultant-Analyst, Councilor
Field of work: Center for Human Rights Analyst Advisor