In honour of the human rights day 2010
In honour of Human Rights Day 10 December 2010 the Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia prepared a consultation and a round table titled 'The Rights of the Elderly as a mirror of society'.
An event was held on Friday, December 10, 2010, from 10.00 to 13.00, at the Blue Lecture Hall of the Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana (Poljanski nasip 2, Ljubljana (ground floor).
The human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia wanted to draw attention to some of the issues that, according to the Ombudsman's judgment, have an important impact on the exercise of the rights of older people. With participants we tried to define the position of elderly people in our society and look for solutions.
The following individuals, as well as representatives and representatives of various institutions and civil society, presented their views:
- dr. Mateja Kožuh Novak, dr. Med., Association of Pensioners' Associations of Slovenia (ZDUS),
- dr. Ingrid Russi Zagožen, Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia,
- mag. Jure Markič, Human Rights Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia,
- Janez Orehek, a student at the Faculty of Social Work,
- Rožca Šonc, Association of Pensioners' Associations of Slovenia (ZDUS),
- dr. Božidar Voljč, doc, medic,
- Janja Roma, Ministry of Labor, Family and Social Affairs (MDDSZ),
- mag. Zdenka Tičar, Ministry of Health (MoH),
- Aldo Ternovec, Association of Pensioners' Associations of Slovenia (ZDUS).
The Human Rights Ombudsman dr. Zdenka Čebašek - Travnik gave the openning speach. After the presentation of the views, a round table was held. The consultation and the round table was led by mag. Bojana Cvahte, Director of the Expert Service of the HR Ombudsman.