She has over 18 years of work experience, including working abroad. During her career, she conducted many extremely demanding legal procedures (primarily administrative procedures) and was in charge of work organisation with numerous employers. She was further responsible for conducting affairs relating to labour law, public procurement and public information. As an attorney, she provided legal representation to her clients before the courts and other public authorities.
- In 1998, she graduated from the Faculty of Law in Ljubljana as a Bachelor of Laws. In 2005, she passed the national bar examination.
- Following her studies, she was employed as a legal adviser at the company Perenič svetovanje d.o.o. in Ljubljana in 1999. She was in charge of drafting public procurement documentation and accompanying contracts, as well as writing legal opinions on the compliance of state authorities' public procurements of software, hardware and telecommunications equipment with the Republic of Slovenia Budget Implementation Act. In addition, she conducted other legal affairs for the Government Centre for Informatics at the time.
- In 2001, she began working at the Government Office for Legislation as Senior Adviser II. She conducted public procurement procedures and drafted all accompanying documentation. She was a member of various tender committees. Other obligations included supervising the correct legal implementation of relevant public procurement contracts. Further, she prepared and conducted all labour law affairs. In this regard she also oversaw open competitions, was a member of competition commissions, drafted employment contracts, etc.
- In 2005, she gained work experience in Belgium, namely at the European Parliament at the Secretariat-General of the Presidency. She worked as a lawyer-linguist for Slovenian, ensuring legal and linguistic compliance as well as compliance with the legal drafting standards for legislative texts and other texts in a parliamentary legislative procedure. She prepared and translated final legislative texts.
- In 2007, she was employed as a legal adviser at the company Taxgroup pravno svetovanje d.o.o. in Ljubljana. She provided legal representation in civil, labour and contract law to her clients before the courts and other public authorities.
- In 2008, she began working for the Urban Municipality of Ljubljana. She worked as head of the real estate disposal department. She managed various projects in the field of work and performed other highly demanding tasks related to the City of Ljubljana's tangible assets management. She prepared highly demanding documents and materials in the field of work.
- In 2011, she began working as an articled clerk and later as an attorney at the law firm Odvetnik Luka Divjak in Ljubljana, where she provided legal services in civil, administrative, contract, labour and commercial law.
- In 2013, she was employed as an attorney at the legal firm Odvetniška pisarna Platovšek in Ljubljana. She provided legal services in civil, administrative, contract, labour and commercial law.
- In 2015, she began working as a Senior Legal Affairs Adviser at the Municipality of Škofja Loka. She conducted and decided upon extremely demanding administrative procedures and prepared staffing documentation and contracts. Further duties included tasks related to access to public information. She provided legal advice in the fields of investment projects, public finance and public procurement. Public procurement procedures and participation in expert commissions for public contract awards also featured in her work. She also prepared the documentation and the supporting documents for public contract awards.
- In 2018, she began working as the Adviser to the Secretary-General for Legal Issues at the Human Rights Ombudsman.
- On 1 July 2020, she assumed office of the Ombudsman's Secretary-General.