- 1974 - Graduated at the Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana
- 1974 - 1985 - Specialist work for the legislative and other committees of the Republican Assembly
- 1977 - Passed the state justice examination
- 1985 - 1989 - Deputy Attorney at Ljubljana Municipal Council
- 1989 - 1990 - Secretary of the Constitutional Committee of the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia
- 1990 - 1994 - Secretary of the Council of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
- 1994 - Appointed as Deputy Ombudsman in December
- 2000 - Re-appointed as Deputy Ombudsman in Parliament (July)
- 2008 - Re-appointed as Deputy Ombudsman in Parliament (December)
- 2014 - Re-appointed as Deputy Ombudsman in Parliament (September)
- 2016 - Retired (February)
He was responsible for complaints in the field of constitutional rights, housing, public services, environment and planning, discrimination.
He published several articles on ombudsmen and human rights, edited two books on human rights in Slovenia, prepared draft papers and published a commentary on the Law of the Human Rights Ombudsman.
He was a member of the Hate speech Council and is still a member of the Journalists' Honorary court of arbitration.