COOPERATION WITH INTERNATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS
With related institutions (ombudsmen)
- IOI - International Ombudsman Institute. We meet on a regular basis on annual general meetings and elect regional directors of IOI. The first ombudsman, Ivan Bizjak, and the second, Matjaž Hanžek, were the regional director of the IOI for Central and Eastern Europe (4-year term).
- AOM - Mediterranean Ombudsman Network
- CRONSEE - South East Europe Network of Ombudsmen for protection of Childrens Rights: regular annual meetings on the specific topics.
- ENOC - European Network for Children: regular annual meetings on the specific topics, exchanging good practice and reporting about protection of children's rights in Slovenia. HRO in Slovenia is a member of this network since 2003.
- SEE NPM - National Preventive Mechanisms network for South-East Europe
With the institutions of the Council of Europe
- GANHRI - Global Alliance of National Human Rights Institutions
- ENHRI - European Network of National Human Rights Institutions. With the amendment of the Ombudsman Act in 2017, the HRO in Slovenia was given a foundation for fulfilling the conditions for a national institution (NHRI) with A status under the Paris Principles. In autumn 2018, he applied for recognition of A status. The HRO in Slovenia has a Council of the Ombudsman, which ensures pluralism and involves civil society in the care of human rights, and the Center for Human Rights, which is responsible for human rights analysis and promotion. HRO as a National Institution for Human Rights in Slovenia is attending regular meetings.
- ECRI - European Commission against Racism and Intolerance: reporting on the situation in the field of discrimination, we participate at conferences.
- Council of Europe Commissioner for Human Rights - we participate in Focal point or Peer to Peer projects.
- European Court of Human Rights (ECtHR)
- Archive page of the former Council of Europe Information Office in Slovenia
With the institutions of the United Nations
- High Commissioner for Human Rights - Ombudsman dr. On 31 January 2008, Zdenka Cebasek - Travnik met with United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights Louise Arbor at a working lunch. Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet visited the Ombudsman's institution in 2018, and in 2019 she also met with the Ombudsman Peter Svetina and members of the Ombudsman's Council.
- UN Subcommittee
- Permanent Mission of Slovenia to the UN
- UN Secretary General
- UPR - Universal Periodic Review
With the institutions of the European Union
- EUROPEAN OMBUDSMAN - We cooperate with this institution, which is not the Ombudsman's supervisory institution in Slovenia, in the framework of Liason officer meetings and we meet with him on various occasions. The European Ombudsman Nikiforus Diamandouros visited Slovenia in 2003, and in 2006 he participated as an honorary member in the conference Facing Discrimination, prepared by the institution of the Ombudsman of the Republic of Slovenia.
- FRA - European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
- EU Court of Justice in Luxembourg
- European Commision Initiative against Discrimination
OSCE (OSCE) - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe