- 1978 - 1984 - Working in the Educational Community of Slovenia
- 1984 -1990 - Working in the Government of the Republic of Slovenia
- 1989 - Passed the state justice examination
- 1990 - 2001 - Working in the Government Office of the Republic of Slovenia for Legislation, first as undersecretary, later as deputy director, and in his last year as director
- 2001 - Director of the expert service in the Human Rights Ombudsman’s Office
- 2003 - Appointed as a Deputy Ombudsman in January
- 2007 - reeapointed as a Deputy Ombudsman
- 23 2014 - On September 30, he was appointed Deputy Ombudsman for the third time
- In March 2019, at his request, the National Assembly dismissed him before his term of office expired due to the possibility of retirement.
- until September 2019 was Assistant Ombudsman
As deputy ombudsman, he was responsible for the protection of the rights of the child, social security, labor law and social activity.
He has published several professional articles in the field of social and health care in Legal Practice, co-author of the introductory notes to the book The European Association Agreement. He has also been a member of the Government's Constitutional Amendment Commission and several of the health care lawmaking committees. Participated in the preparation of amendments to the Ombudsman Act (ZVarCP - UPB2). He led the advocacy for children, which, by amending the law, became an independent unit within the HRO institution.