He was responsible for complaints in the field of limitations of personal freedom, social security, court and police procedures.
Born on 20 October 1952 in Bistrica near Tržič
- 1976 - Graduated at the Faculty of Law, University of Ljubljana
- 1979 - Passed the state justice examination
- 1980 - Elected to the position of judge
- 1980 - 1990 - Trial judge at the Court of First Instance
- 1991 - Elected appellate judge at the Higher Court in Ljubljana
- 1994 - Head of the Civil Department at the Higher Court in Ljubljana
- 1994 - Appointed as Deputy Ombudsman in December
- 2000 - Re-appointed as Deputy Ombudsman in Parliament (July)
He has so far published more then 30 expert papers in various legal fields and has taken an active part in many seminars, lectures and round table discussions. Since 1998 he was a representative of Republic of Slovenia in the European Board against torture, ... and punishment (CPT).