- IOI – we are members of the International Ombudsman Institute – Both the first Ombudsman, Ivan Bizjak, and the second one, Matjaž Hanžek, were IOI regional directors for Central and Eastern Europe (a 4-year mandate)
- EOI – we are members of the European Ombudsmen Institute
- THE EUROPEAN OMBUDSMAN – this institution is not supervising the Human Rights Ombudsman in Slovenia, as can often be heard wrongly; we cooperate with it during the Liaison Officers meetings and also at other occasions. In 2003 the European Ombudsman visited Slovenia, and in 2006 he was member of honour at the conference "Let's Face Discrimination" organised by the Slovenian Human Rights Ombudsman.
- EUROPEAN COMMISSIONER FOR HUMAN RIGHTS – we cooperate in the projects Focal point or Peer to Peer
- NHRI – National human rights institutions – we meet with communicators from the national human rights institutions and Ombudsman's Offices
- ECRI – European Commission Against Racism and Intolerance – we send reports on the situation in the field of discrimination, and participate at conferences
- CRONSEE – regular annual meetings on topics concerning children's rights; organisation of events and publications
- ENOC – European Network of Ombudspersons for Children - annual meetings – reports - we have been members since 2003
More details about international relations are found in the Ombudsman's annual reports in section 3, Forms and Methods of Work, while information on projects at international level is included in the section 'Education and Promotion'.